Monday, July 2, 2012

Accept freebies!



Better than the thrift store is accepting clothing from people you know. I know for me, I have clothes that are perfectly good, only worn a couple of times and just don't fit anymore. Sometimes it's kind of sad and I would much prefer to see someone I know using it than to just donate it to be sold to people like us. For one thing, we know where it came from, not that that makes a whole lot of difference, but to some it may.


So, when someone offers you their clothing or it will go to Goodwill, accept it! I've taken bags of clothing from friends before and I may not care for everything in the bag, and that's ok. I can donate those things if I choose to. But there are usually some good pieces in there that I will love! Free is good!! I give clothes away all the time to friends that I know can wear them and some have even offered me money for them. I tell them "No, just pay it forward."


Today's fabulous gray pinstripe suit was a thrift store find that Mom bought years ago and just never wore because she retired from the corporate world shortly thereafter and had no reason to wear suits anymore. So, she gave it to me. I asked her if it was below $20, because that's my intention, ya know! She said, "Oh, I'm sure it was less than $10!" but she didn't recall the exact amount. So, my entire outfit was free to me today. I'm sure it was under $10 when purchased from the thrift store originally, so SCORE!


Great find, Mom!! And keep those freebies coming my way! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment