Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Look like a million bucks without spending more than $20!

Just starting this blog....of course, I have no idea what I'm doing, so everyone please bear with me!  LOL  I have a FB page that is much more active than this blog right now, so feel free to go there and LIKE my page.  The link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Upthrifting-Fashions/375321759182175

Someone on that page commented that they thought I spent a lot of money on my clothes.  I said that is the whole purpose of Upthrifting Fashions!  I want to look like I spend a lot, without spending a lot!  That is the objective here.  I just made it my goal to dress for $20 or less every day.  Some days are easier than others. Some days I barely wear $10 worth of clothes.  The point is that I still look like a million bucks!

Anyone can look the part.  You don't have to make a lot of money or spend a lot to look fabulous.  You just need to shop (thrift stores and consignments) with a purpose, a goal....and make good choices.  Look for quality.  Are there certain brand names you love?  Look for those!

Make sure your clothes fit properly!  This is probably the biggest mistake people make.  Whether you are worried about the size listed on the tag or in trying to camouflage a part of your body that you feel needs to be hidden, you end up wearing sizes too large or too small.  Know your size.  Know what makes you look your best.  Watch "What Not to Wear" for stylish tips you can use.  We have all seen the ladies that wear jeans way too small, creating a "muffin top".  These are the people that refuse to go up a size when clearly they need to.

You also don't want to wear clothes that are too large (baggy) or they will make you look much larger than you are!  Contrary to popular belief, larger clothes do NOT make you look smaller!  Wear tailored, well-fitting clothing to make you look your best.

More updates coming soon on WHY you should bother to look nice no matter what sort of job you have, if you are a stay-at-home mom or a professional, it's important for your own self-esteem to look fabulous every day!  Stay tuned for my post on that coming soon.

Happy shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment