Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome!!

Welcome to those new to this blog! I've just started this recently, so I'm learning as I go but wanted to give you all a little background on why I started this in the first place.


After losing more than 100lbs due to weight loss surgery, I had to go through clothing sizes very quickly but didn't want to have to knock over a bank to do it! So, I found that recycling clothing was the way to go! As clothes got too big for me, I'd drop them off at my local thrift store and pick up a new bag of high-quality designer fashions to replace them! I didn't think much of it at first until I kept getting more and more compliments on my wardrobe. Wait a minute...I'm spending a fraction of what I used to spend and now I'm getting more compliments? What's up with that? There may be something to this!


Each day at work someone would ask where I got whatever I was wearing and I found that I was really excited to tell them, "Thrift store, $5! Can ya believe it?" It became a morning ritual...What is Suzie wearing today and how much did she spend? So, I made it my goal to look fabulous and be able to say that I was wearing $20 or less that day! Day after I day I was easily doing that. And then the inspiration to turn my passion into a blog! So, here we go. :o)


Welcome to my obsession. I have always been interested in fashion and making the most of what you have. In this economy, it's important for all of us to save our pennies and thrifting is environmentally friendly too! (I like to think I'm recycling this way.)


My goal with this blog, Pinterest, Twitter and FB page (Whoo! Where do I find the time?? I thought technology was supposed to save time! LOL) is to help people save money, look fabulous and maybe if I'm lucky, help people feel better about themselves through fashion tips. Since I have lost quite a bit of weight, trust me, I'm no stranger to dressing for many body shapes and sizes over the years. I know how to camouflage those trouble areas without looking frumpy. Accentuate the positive, I say!


What do I want from YOU? Input!! Share your thrifting and fashion tips and tricks here with us all! Show us your pictures of great fashion finds and I'll do the same! Have fashion questions? Ask them here and if I don't know the answer, someone will or I will find out!


Local peeps! If you need some help putting together an outfit or an entire wardrobe, I'm happy to go thrifting with you! So, become a member of my blog, sign up for email notifications and share this with your friends! Together we can look like a million bucks without spending more than $20! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment